The company was founded by Matthew Giaretta in 2007 after several years working with the PLAY+ design project in Reggio Emilia, Italy. Matthew is a former UK primary school teacher and originally travelled to Italy to visit the world-renowned schools for young children at Reggio Emilia as part of his professional training. This visit led to an opportunity with the V&A Museum of Childhood to present the PLAY+ design project for a 6 month exhibition in London, and then a collaboration with the design project closely associated with the research on environments for children published as ‘Children, Spaces, Relations’ (Domus Academy, Reggio Children – 1998), and the creation of a company to distribute one outcome of this research project: the new PLAY+ range of furniture for children. Feelgood Designs now works as one part of PLAY+ Projects on a wide range of projects for children in education, domestic and public spaces.
- advice on furnishings according to each specific context
- worldwide delivery
- unpacking, placement and full installation of furniture and disposal of packaging when required
- bespoke public space installations
- furniture layouts and interiors schematic design
- project management
- new concept proposals with sketches, 3D renders, plans
- full design proposals: drawings, 3D render, plans, items list, lighting, colours, flooring, acoustics
- complete interior design/design architect service: the entire visible ‘skin’ of the building in collaboration with the executive architect of record
All PLAY+ furniture is made to order. SOFT furniture has a standard lead time of 30 days manufacturing + 7 days delivery (Europe), or 4-6 weeks delivery (rest of world). SOLID furniture has a standard lead time of 6-8 weeks for manufacturing and the same expected delivery lead times worldwide.